Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Who thinks Taco Bell is really mexican food ?

Im mexican and i know that Taco Bell is not authentic mexican food.





Heck, its not even Tex-Mex food.(Food from Texas and Mexico)





Why do alot of people think Taco Bell is real mexican food ?





Have you ever had authentic mexican food (Below)





Chicken w/ Mole


Posole


Menudo


Enchiladas








But dont get me wrong, I still love Taco Bell its just that some people think its authentic mexican food ! As i said , its not even Tex-Mex, let alone authentic mexican food !





Do you think Taco Bell is mexican food?|||Of course Taco Bell isn't authentic!


It's the fast food industry %26amp; pretty much "Americanized."


It's just like chinese food. If we went to China we probably wouldn't eat anything! lol That's how different it is.


If you want real mexican food then you have to go to a real mexican restaurant. (Mexican owned)


I love real Mexican food and it's actually so much better then Taco Bell.|||Heck no but its still GOOD!!|||I agree. It is not mexican food. I too am Mexican and it amazes me to see how many American's think WE eat Taco Bell in Mexico. Taco Bell is the americanized version of mexican food.





I had a friend that invited me to dinner and said she was making enchilada casserole. I said "what's that". She said enchiladas in pieces in a cassarole dish. I told her you won't find that in Mexico.





I made pollo con chile colorado last night, warm flour tortillas, arroz, frijolitos enteros estilo charro. That's mexican food!|||Not sure it can be classified as any food!|||Faint undertones of Mexican food. People go there for price and convenience. Here in Mexico we eat all types of ethnic food, French and Italian, Chinese is very popular now. An upscale Japanese restaurant opened recently in Rosarito BC. Food preferences emigrate too, if it hadn't been for the immigration of tastes, the US would have no cuisine at all. Of your list, have had them all... no on menudo and mole|||Americans|||What? It's not? That's outrageous!


I worked with a woman who was born in NY, but her parents were born in China. She said the way her family ate at home did not resemble food in most Chinese restaurants in any way, shape or form. Restaurants serve Americanized versions of Chinese dishes. There is no such thing as chop suey in China. So it's not just Taco Bell- many ethnic cuisines are watered down versions of their original form.|||NO!! Taco Bell is NOT Mexican Food. I am from South Texas and I am married to a Mexican man, so I know mexican food and Taco Bell ain't it!!|||Taco Bell makes my stomach hurt really bad. Food from vendors in Mexico makes me sick for a week. Taco Bell is the lesser evil because of health codes in America...but I'm thinking any place in America but "The Bell" for this Senior.





Oh, and to answer your question...it is a little better than some Mexican food. It is worse than a good Mexican restaurant. Remember it is first and foremost basic fast food. It is produced in bulk to sell to the masses. It isn't a fine restaurant that have the best cuts of beef.





It is Mexican food, just not great Mexican food.|||get a recipie for guacomle-try it--now try taco bellss..fast food that made to rep mexican--like compare reg home made burger to mc donalds|||i dont think its mexican food. but i love taco bell too. chipotle is pretty good too.|||Taco Balls is industrial fast food that is supposed to taste like Mexican food. You'd do better buying tamales from the old lady selling them on the sly in front of the Safeway.


Fast food is in part responsible for the break down of American culture and it's values.|||I totally agree with you and have had those foods. They are actually very good when I get the chance to actually try them. About 6 years ago I was in Morelos and my host mother (I was an exchange student) made my friends and I quesadillas almost once a day. They were probably the best mexican food I will ever have.|||Absolutely NOT!!! Hey if you want to send me some real authentic recipes I would love it!


This reminds me of people who think Fazoli's is real Italian food..I'm Italian and that is CRAP food!|||heck, even most mexican restaurants are not real mexican food. (Although, many of these are tex-mex). At least according to my mexican friends. Who cares. As long as it tastes good.|||Did that guy at the top ACTUALLY call it Taco Balls?!!





LOL.|||I believe it is Mexican food. In 2003 when I was in Cancun, Mexico for spring break there were Taco Bells everywhere. When I asked a bartender where a good authentic restaurant was he told me Taco Bell. Once I was inside, there were a lot of locals and a lot of other people from different countries. I've had other "authentic" Mexican food like South of the Border and their salsa was not as good as the packets I got when I was at the Taco Bell in Mexico.|||No, it may not be authentic, but I see an awful lot of Mexicans eating there when I go in. Pepe the dog likes it, too.|||So what ???


what difference does MY opinion make to you.


I Hate anything with chili, cilantro, any hot pepper, salsa


But love Jimboy's


your menu I have had ALL and so???


you should have included tamales

No comments:

Post a Comment