Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What the difference between authentic mexican food and imitation?

i know some of it is like fake and stuff...but like how tell if its real or not???i kno of this mexican place ans its great!!one of my friends is mexcan and we went to a cuincenara or whatever(cant spell lol) and im pretty shure it was authentic!they had homemade tortillas!!sooo goord...this beef stuff...cant remmeber what its caleed but ya how can u tell if its REAL mexican food or if its fake??and what is fake mexican food?What the difference between authentic mexican food and imitation?
OK. There are several kinds of "Mexican food". Authentic is what is known as Down-home style that a typical resident of Mexico would make at home. Guiso, corn tortillas, avacato, guacamole. migas, carne asada. and cilantro. These are menu items not on your normal "fake" food. Then theres Tex-Mex. Traditional Fajitas, beef,Chicken, shrimp. Using lots of onions, bell pep, hard-shell tacos. Burritos. also known as chimichangas. California have their own style of "Mexican" food. The true Fake Mexican food would be, Taco Bell, etc..What the difference between authentic mexican food and imitation?
authentic cooked in lard, fake in 100% vegetable oil!|||taco|||fake mexican food is taco bell!|||You can ger your fake food at toxic bell.|||It's a real Mexican restaurant when you see a lot of Mexicans frequenting it.



I can't understand why Taco Bell exists in Los Angeles.|||You pretty much summed up the answer with your question. Real Mexican food is homemade and you can taste it. Fake Mexican food is like Taco Bell or other taco joints like that. I have also found that if a Mexican restaurant has a lot of Mexicans (or other people for Latin America) working in it the food is real and it is great.|||Growing up in the midwest years ago (before Taco Bell and the illegal alien invasion) I used to see Mexican food in the movies and on television (I remember one episode of Ozzie and Harriet where Ozzie is stuck in Mexico and the only thing to eat is tacos from a stand... sorry I got off track there!).



So I wanted to try and make some tortillas, but did not have a receipt. So I cut the crust off of some slices of white bread and rolled it flat with a glass.



For taco sauce I used ketchup with lots of black pepper.



For cheese I used Velvetta. Lettuce and tomatoes we had. For meat, I used chopped up baloney (or Spam for a special treat!).



I guess that is a sample of fake Mexican food!



Now I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment