Monday, January 30, 2012

Mexican Food?

can you name me some mexican foods. me wanna see if i can learn more about my cultureMexican Food?
seviche (im not sure if you spell it like that)

tacos

flutas

tostadas

tamales

mole (which i don't like)

pozole (my favorite)

frijoles en la oja

sopes

enchiladas

and more which i don't have in my mind right nowMexican Food?
just go to taco bell i guess.
Fish.Mexican Food?
Shouldnt you be telling US about some of the food from your culture? Most of us gringos only know about the Mexican food we get in the chain type or Tex Mex places. I'd be interested in learning more about the traditional foods eaten in Mexico. Not the slop in Arizona! (Dont get me wrong, I like the slop too!) Mexican food that I've had is right up there.
I love the cuisine from the Vera Cruz region. Lots of fresh fish in tangy sauces.

Here are some dishes from FoodNetwork:



Mexican Casserole:

Sopa Seca - Mexican Noodle Casserole

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/鈥?/a> 2003



Grilled Snapper Vera Cruz

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/鈥?/a>Mexican Food?
enchiladas (flautas in chile sauce)

pocholas (spicy ground beef patties)

sopes (thick tortilla with various toppings)

tinga (shredded pork in ancho-chipotle sauce)

barbacoa (head of beef slow cookd)

tamales (meats, beans, etc. in corn masa wrapped in cornhusks)

sacahuite ( a giant tamal)

pibil (pork with achiote - a spice and colorant)
Eduardo-you are making me hungry!!!
There is more to a name than just that. You really need to taste it and believe me when I tell you that Mexican food only tastes great when prepared by a Mexican cook, or Diana Kennedy. You really need to study Mexican cuisine basics, like the fact that it is a blend of Mexican prehispanic and PostConquest Spanish cooking, with some French thrown it.

Taco Bell is a sorry excuse for fast food of any sort, let alone Mexican, and if that happens to be your only reference then you are completely lost.



Get a Diana Kennedy cookbook, or go online and look for some of her recipes and read for yourself the richness and variety of Mexican cooking, which you know absolutely nothing about. It is an acquired taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment