Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Does anyone else notice that the Mexican food is better in California than in Mexico?

I'm not saying TexMex, as in the style in Texas with all the extra ground beef and cheese.



I've been to Mexico several times (not the tourist areas) and notice that other than the tortillas, Mexican food is often bland or just gross. The quality of the meat is worse and the ingredients are often lacking. California Mexican food has about as good quality tortillas and everything else is a lot better.Does anyone else notice that the Mexican food is better in California than in Mexico?
Now that you bring it up. Yes it is. Quality, taste, and prices are better. Like other responders it is true that Mexico is pretty poor, I mean my family thinks California is "the second Heaven". So I rest my case saying that foreign food quality is much better here in California.Does anyone else notice that the Mexican food is better in California than in Mexico?
I think that in California there are standards of how clean the kitchen needs to be in order to pass food inspection.|||Because they are poor and can't afford flavor, just sustenance. Americans want flavor so we spend more.|||yes

No comments:

Post a Comment