Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What is your favorite mexican food and why?

And the stuff that they sell in Taco Bell is not true Mexican food.What is your favorite mexican food and why?
Mexico has one of the most varied gastronomy. How can one choose? I like tacos, gorditas, mole, chiles en nogada, tamales, tortas, carne a la tampique帽a, sopes, bocoles, tostadas, ahhhh, and zacahuil!!!!! Every dish is just delicious. You should try real mexican food.What is your favorite mexican food and why?
I love it all. I have yet to come across any mexican (authentic) food that I don't like.|||Picante Sauce ... I could drink that stuff straight!!! I lived off it after college, and drove my dad batty ... I think I was suffering from a "Vitamin D" deficiency.|||I love a chimichanga! It's either beef or chicken (your choice) wrapped in a tortilla, deep fried, and then covered with melted cheese. Whats not to like?|||I love beef tinga. Flank stank that has been shredded, sauteed with lots of onion, then add blend some roasted tomatoes and chipotles and add to the pot. You can add chorizo (optional) ITs so good.|||Oh man, I can only pick just one? Mexican is my favorite. Id have to say the Chimichanga then. How could you not love it with all of that white cheese sauce poured over it? Then put some guacamole on the side...yummmmy!|||mmmmmmmmmm. bean burtito and tacos!!!!!!!!!!!|||chicken enchiladas and chicken empanadas with mexican rice. i love the flavor of the chicken enchiladas and the sauce on them. the empanadas are crispy and great to dip in mexican cheese dip. mexican rice has just a great flavor.|||The best is the pozole!!

That is a soup with big grains of corn, and pork meat... mmmm!!! i hope you could try it sometime in Mexico... they make it with or without pepper... it depends of the state of mexico they prepare it!!

My favorite mexican food at US is at Rubio's Restaurant at CA... you have to try the fish tacos... they are not from Mexico but they are delicious!|||Hmm. I love tamales- especially the torta de tamal de rajas, it's so unhealthy to eat, but so tasty and filling on a chilly morning. I also really like tamales Oaxaque帽os, because of their texture.

Tacos al pastor are really good, but I think my all time favorite is the authentic street corner quesadilla de queso (I initially thought it was redundant to say that, but now it makes sense.) with blue corn tortillas. Not the fried ones- the grease takes away the flavor.

I also LOVE tortas de espinacas and chiles rellenos (the second of which I figured out how to make, after a couple of embarrassing attempts.) The perfect marriage of green vegetables, tomato sauce, and queso oaxaca.

My favorite drink is the DF version of the Michelada- cheap beer of choice mixed with lemon juice (of course key limes, not yellow lemons), in a chilled, salted rimmed mug. No salsa maggi please. A-A-AND agua de sandia- the freshest watermelon you can find, as red as you can find, blended with a bit of ice and water, and strained. Maybe you know this. But to me, it is the only true refreshment on a hot day.|||Enchiladas for sure!|||"Nachos are cool. Yeah Nachos. Huh huh huh"

No comments:

Post a Comment