Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Do people really think that the base ingrediants for Mexican food is Cheese, Grounded meat, hot suace?

I had this one person tell me that Mexican food gave her gas LOL. I said "why", and she said Mexican food has too much cheese. I dont remember the last time family used cheese in any of thier dishes.|||We are strongly influenced by what is technically Southwestern Cuisine, ( often called Tex-Mex) and tend to call it "Mexican". There are more "Chinese" restaurants in the US than any other kind... and they rarely serve traditional Chinese food.


When I think of authentic Mexican food, I think of things like grasshoppers. Ewww yourself.|||I do think of meat but not necessarily cheese %26amp; hot sauce. Things like sour cream %26amp; salsa come to mind, though whether that's traditional I don't know. Moreso things like peppers, corn, jalapenos, avocado, different kinds of beans, tomatoes...I hope I'm not being influenced by tex-mex or imposter "Mexican" foods, lol :P|||Only the people that grew up on Chili's, On the Border and Taco Bell think that way. Which unfortunately represents 80% of the Mexican restaurant food sold in the US.





It is unfortunate that the best of Mexico food has not been presented to most of the US. I have eaten and cooked great Mexican recipes and enjoy it as a great cuisine.|||Not authentic Mexican. Give her a bowl of chicken pozole to cure her stomach ailments, with a side of tostadas and crema:) Authentic Mexican, has sprinkles of cheese, (chiuhaha, Oaxaca, fresco) but not that much:) Some baked fish topped with tomatoes and garlic.|||Many Americans are not going to know what real Mexican food is since they do not live there and many Mexican restaurants serve a lot of texmex items. By the way..chicken and seafood is meat. Meat is another word for flesh and last time I checked..chicken and fish have flesh.|||Yes, I ate at one Mexican restaurant that mainly used cheap ground beef, a little cheese and hot sauce put it inside a flour tortilla and called it a burrito.|||Some people just don't know that Mexican food doesn't ALWAYS have those ingrediants.

No comments:

Post a Comment