Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mexican food?

I want to learn how to make mexican food 锛宭ike those in taco bell menu. I want to open my own fast food restaurant, so any idea how i should do it.|||Stay away from Taco bell if you want to learn about Mexican food. Open up a fast food restaurant that does not seem like fast food. Look at a restaraunt like Chipotle. They do a great job in making some good food. They even have barbacoa on their menu. But they keep their menu simple. That's what you must do. Pick a few recipes or dishes, get the most insane salsa recipes and perfect it. There is a reason restaurants like El Pollo Loco and Chipotle have done well. The are fast food, but they do not have that McDonald feel. Also look at the fish taco explosion by Rubios Fish Taco, Senor Fish etc.. People are going to Mexico, finding authentic dishes and finding a way to make Americans like them.|||If you want to own your own business, you will need experience in management and business administration.





If you get a job at Taco Bell, you would get the full range of experience, starting with cooking. If you show promise, they'll train you for management. You could then save up money and buy your own Taco Bell franchise. You'd have the advantage of buying into a ready-made successful business.





My thinking is that people who want to own a restaurant but don't want to go to school for business/hospitality management would take an entry-level job in a restaurant and work their way up, getting as much experience as they can at different levels.





Someone who's taken college-level courses is likely to be moved more quickly through the different levels.|||Well I am married to a Mexican and have been to Mexico many times and I will tell you, the food at taco bell is NOT Mexican. I make Mexican dishes almost every night and the basics are tomato's, onions and chili's(dried and fresh). Then you can add in herbs like cilantro, mint, Epezote and a few others I can't seem to remember. Spices like bay leaves(laurel), cumin, oregano, thyme, corriander and quite a few others. Google authentic Mexican and you can get lots of other ingredients to make your taste buds dance.|||Last time I was in Sacramento, I seemed to see an awful lot of Mexicans around...Don't you have any Mexican friends or even neighbors you have not gotten around to getting to know and who you can invite to come over to dinner and bring their granny to show you a few things?





edit: Also, on a more business level...plan to attend the next food trade show in your area...I don't know if Sacramento has a convention center or not...but since I often work at our trade shows in Seattle, I know you can get a very good idea about costs for both equipment and food products. We have several a year here. (I am an electrician when I am there, but as a cook the food shows are my favorite ones...also at the end they often sell or give away stuff to save shipping costs...I got my favorite and most expensive knife for kess than 1/2 the price...(a Global)|||I am from South America and I'm studying to be a chef, the secret that Mexicans have to make these meals is to make good "tortillas" (a flat bread) with the flour corn (is yellow and very thin) and have a "comal " Where they cook them.. and then to make sauces is a matter of putting pepper and chili on everything ... but there are some cases their use cheese or avocado sauce "guacamole" .. you should try to do in your house falling recipes from the Internet or make a trip to Mexico for a few months either and learn the techniques and also buy utensils necessary to use ..|||Well, taco bell in my opinion isn't real Mexican food, it's an Americanized version and doesn't taste as good as fresh as homemade Mexican food.





Really to make your own Mexican creations, all you need is a bit of imagination and these ingredients:





Tortillas


Ground Beef (taco seasonings)


Cheese


Tomatoes


Re-fried Beans


Sauteed Onions


Some Hot Sauce


And then just create what you want.|||Take yourself to mexico, and have a look at how the traditional dishes are made, there is a big misconception about what mexican food actually is, so maybe you would be more succesful if you opened something that was actually traditional?|||I think the key to mexican food and all latin food is seasoning. Go to an international food store and look for spanish seasonings, I like a seasoning called Sazon goya, it usually comes in an orange box, perfect for enchiladas and soups.|||I wouldn't even call the food they serve at Taco Bell real Mexican cooking!. Also I wouldn't try and open a Mexican restaurant unless it is a chain restaurant. Too hard to compete with the big guys. Try using this website for some


recipes


www.allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment