Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Do you think Americanized Mexican food tastes better than authentic?

I've eaten Americanized Mexican food in the various restaurant chains in California like El Pollo Loco and Baja Fresh. I've been to sit-down authentic Mexican restaurants and I like the Americanized ones better.



The Americanized ones have more fresh ingredients like fresh salsa, fresh avacado. Authentic ones taste more stale, and the meats also have a musty taste to it.Do you think Americanized Mexican food tastes better than authentic?
I wouldnt even concider those 'american' restaurants to be mexian food... its more like american food with 'mexican' stamped on it for marketing.



Authentic mexican food is wonderful, fresh, and like NOTHING you will ever find at baja fresh or el pollo loco.

I think it must be the restaurants you have been going to that are bad and perhaps not really authentic.



What part of California are you from?|||Well your comment about the food being stale I don't really agree with--maybe you just ate at restaurants with sub-par food.



I think Americanized Mexican food and authentic are very different. I love them both. Sometimes I want one style, sometimes I want the other...



I usually go for the authentic stuff, though. Especially if the beans are refried in lard, yummmm. Nothing tastes quite like that. :-)|||I think you need to go to better Mexican restaurants. It really depends on where you go.|||Wow, talk about not knowing your foods.



*kitty gives you a book on Authentic mexican food*



You really really really need to read it.|||Tex Mex is disgusting.|||what kinds of mexican restaurants have you been to? o.O

No comments:

Post a Comment