Thursday, February 16, 2012

What is your fave Mexican food & your fave Mexican restaurant?

My favorite Mex. food is crispy beef tacos, with rice and re-fried beans. I like my tacos made with corn tortillas...and to have beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and shredded cheese....in addition to either sour cream or picante sauce (the real thick, chunky, medium kind).

I like my rice and beans to have just the right amount of seasoning on them....the same goes for the beef, inside my tacos.



In addition to this main dish, I always like chips and salsa (again, thick, chunky and medium)...the chips to have just the right amount of salt on them. To drink, I have water and either a soft drink or tea (straight or very little lemon, in it...but usually just straight). On the side, I like (sometimes), flour tortillas with a light or moderate amount of butter on them. Usually, I don't order dessert at Mexican restaurants.





Now, in terms of what Mex. restaurant I like.....there are several indepedent Mex. places, in my area. Some are good, others are not. However, the Mex. rest. I like the best, period, is El Fenix. Totally # 1.



So, that's the Mex. food and restaurant I like the best.



What is your fave Mex. food and rest? What is your fave Mexican food %26amp; your fave Mexican restaurant?
Fortunately I get the real thing because I have lived in Mexico for over 30 years. No so called Mexican fare you get in America comes even close. Chicken Mole, Stuffed Poblano Peppers, Pork Pibil and Tinga Poblana are my favorite along with real tortilla soup. I am also lucky to enjoy fruit flavored drinks made with hibiscus flower or tamarind. You have to come here to get it.What is your fave Mexican food %26amp; your fave Mexican restaurant?
I love a seafood enchilada with salsa verde from a little indie place here in town. The platter is bigger than your head. Tons of rice, real refried beans with manchego, salad, chips, and the best salsa ever with tons of cilantro. All that for about $12. I literally eat it for three days. Best ever.
I love Mexican cocktails! But I also really enjoy carne asada and beans and rice and corn! With some horchata.



My favorite restaurant is El Charro, which I think is one of the oldest restaurants (if not the oldest) in Tucson.What is your fave Mexican food %26amp; your fave Mexican restaurant?
flautas,at ciro's tacos in juarez,mexico ( that's MEXICAN )
Chicken Tacos %26amp; Chicken Queso Burritos

What is your fave Mexican food %26amp; your fave Mexican restaurant?
I loooove Chimichanga and Burritos.
Enchiladas..
Enchiladas. My favorite Mexican Restaurant is Macayos in Las Vegas
Uhhh.

Bean Dip...from Lindo Michuacan,!!
I love chimichangas, deep fried goodness! I live in LA, so we have lots of family owned Mex places here.
fav. food is anything at el cazador reastaurant
dont like mexican food...
In terms of tex-mex style food, I love anything with a good mix of textures, carbs and protein. Something with veggies. But I have trouble choosing. I love burritos. I love tacos. I love chimichangas when they're done right. I love a delicious, spicy salsa with freshly fried tortilla chips (as long as they're not greasy). I love tamales. Beans and rice. I'm a huge fan.



What I'm not a fan of? Probably something like quesadillas. I need something more than just melted cheese.



I'm almost embarrassed to say that my favorite mexican restaurant is this New England chain called Margaritas. It's really very tasty though. I'm not exactly in an ideal location for authentic mexican food, but Margaritas makes a delicious, spicy salsa and yeah, they have pretty good margaritas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment