Sunday, February 26, 2012

In a sentence like: Tina said, "I like mexican food" where would I put the period to end the sentence?

Should I write my sentence like:



Tina said, "I like mexican food."



OR



Tina said, "I like mexican food".In a sentence like: Tina said, "I like mexican food" where would I put the period to end the sentence?
the first one

Tine Said "I like Mexican food."



Periods, question marks, exclamation marks etc always go before the quotation marks.,

hope it helpsIn a sentence like: Tina said, "I like mexican food" where would I put the period to end the sentence?
the first one.
The first one is correct.In a sentence like: Tina said, "I like mexican food" where would I put the period to end the sentence?
In America, the first option. In England, the second. No kidding.
first one and don't you know by now that periods always go at the end of the sentenceIn a sentence like: Tina said, "I like mexican food" where would I put the period to end the sentence?
Tina said, "I like mexican food."
American style is to put it before the end quotation mark. (first option)

British style is to put it after the end quotation mark. (second option)
It's the second, because it is a quotation inside another sentence rather than the quote being the whole sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment