Monday, February 20, 2012

How can I learn to make food exactly like my local San Diego Mexican food shack?

My family owns 3 taquerias here in TX and alot of it has do with the amount of oil we use. The majority of our dishes (gravy/sauces) are made with vegetable oil. Main herbs used in all our dishes are oregano, LOTS of cumin, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and basil.



The best way to learn is to actually work under a cook. It's not hard just takes practice.How can I learn to make food exactly like my local San Diego Mexican food shack?
Did you ask for the recipe? I know that probably sounds dumb, but if you ask what the specific ingredients are you can experiment at home until you get the exact taste. Some restaurants actually will give you the recipe. Worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment