Thursday, February 16, 2012

Has anyone found Mexican food in the Dallas area that is like what you would get in California, not tex-mex!?

I would like to know if any where in the Dallas area has that type of mexican food. Someone who has had it in California would know it is not right even when it says authentic but I am hoping someone has had some mexican food that is like that on the west coast. Let me know please I am dying!Has anyone found Mexican food in the Dallas area that is like what you would get in California, not tex-mex!?
Oh my god. If you find that place, please let me know. I'm always completely freaked out that I can't find authentic Mexican food in Texas at all. I keep trying, though.Has anyone found Mexican food in the Dallas area that is like what you would get in California, not tex-mex!?
i agree 100%.

Authentic Mexican food is impossible to find in the DFW area..you have to do what the rest of us do, make it yourself :(
Well you are in Texas! Especially north texas, everything is tex-mex. I dont know how food is in california but if you want that kind of food you probaly have to make it yourself or try some family owned restaurants or those "hole in the wall" restaurants. Sorry that you are having trouble finding your quenching taste. Hey maybe fly to cali, eat then come back! Ha Ha Ha HaHas anyone found Mexican food in the Dallas area that is like what you would get in California, not tex-mex!?
Well, love to help you out. My mother is a great cook and is Mexican herself, so if you want aunthentic Mexican food my house is the place. Anyways, she's been pondering at the thought of opening a restaurant, she did manage one once, but the owner was a *****, so she let it go. Anyways good luck
I'm a former Dallasite that now lives in California so I know the kind of food you're talking about.

Try La Calle Doce, Vera Cruz Cafe, Ciudad, Cuquita's is good if you're hungry at 1am and if you can speak Spanish, Mi Cocina, Gloria's is good for Salvadoran food and Javier's is great for upscale Mexican.Has anyone found Mexican food in the Dallas area that is like what you would get in California, not tex-mex!?
I moved here from North Cali 10 yrs ago and still haven't found one. Some have come close, but none all the way. Authentic tacos are easy to find off the trucks ...just meat cilantro and onion with two small torts. But as for a restuaraunt? no
In the Dallas area lot's of the franchises are Tex- Mex. If you head South a bit, like San Antonio or something it is easier to find more authentic Mexican food.



Other than that, my best advise for you is go to the shadiest part of town you can find and eat at the smallest hole in the wall place you can find. That is where you will find authenticity and it will be awesome!
cuquitas on knox/henderson and la michoacana meat market
  • dean and deluca
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment