Monday, February 13, 2012

I love cooking Mexican food, but live in Hawaii. Can anyone tell me where to buy masa for my tamalies??

So much Japanese food to chose from and not much of a selection as far as Spanish and Mexican foods. :(I love cooking Mexican food, but live in Hawaii. Can anyone tell me where to buy masa for my tamalies??
If you have some authentic Mexican restaurants in the area you might want to inquire where they get it.



Here's a few places for good quality mail-order mexican ingredients:





The CMC Company

P.O. Box 322

Avalon, NJ 08202

800-CMC-2780



The offerings include dried and canned chiles, masa harina, avocado leaves, Mexican chocolate, Mexican oregano, achiote paste, tortilla presses, comales and hot sauces.



Mo Hotta Mo Betta

P.O. Box 4136

San Luis Obispo, CA 93403

800-462-3220



Call them for Mexican chocolate, Mexican cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, dried chiles, canned chipotles, pumpkin seeds, masa harina, hot sauces.



Good luck!I love cooking Mexican food, but live in Hawaii. Can anyone tell me where to buy masa for my tamalies??
From Walmart of course!

Also-If you are friends with any servicemember stationed there, you might be able to get some via the commissary, which carries typical mainland items reflective of the military soldiers (incl. hipanic soldiers)

No comments:

Post a Comment