Friday, February 3, 2012

What's in Mexican culture that would make you prefer Mexican food over other types ?

There is a particular allure in Mexican culture that magnetizes people to try out its cuisine. What is that particular allure. Why would you want to eat Mexican food, be it for snacks, lunch, or dinner. How would you want to eat your food? Under what conditions? Leisurely, in a fast-paced life? This question are for people who like Mexican food so if you don't, then don't answer the question.What's in Mexican culture that would make you prefer Mexican food over other types ?
The allure is in the spices and flavors of the food. I love mexican food(authentic) and sometimes even texmex, but I prefer my own cooking. I was married to a mexican for 17 years and learned a lot about the cuisine. However, no matter how "authentic" it is, it still doesnt match the flavor of the food prepared with fresh ingredients from mexico. During my visits to mexico and preparing the same meals I do here, it still taste better using the fresh meats and veggies from mexico. Meal time is definitely leisure there and full of chatter.What's in Mexican culture that would make you prefer Mexican food over other types ?
I love it for the taste and zing of the spices.





How can you tell when you're in an authentic Mexican restaurant?



In the bathroom, there's a seat belt on the toilet.
The high fat content makes it very alluring...What's in Mexican culture that would make you prefer Mexican food over other types ?
I like Mexican food because of its use of chillies.



I just love chillies in general - especially Thai food. But I also like Mexican purely because of the cheese and the chillies.



I can eat it for any occasion - lunch, snack or dinner. If it taste good and I have the opportinity to eat it then I will.



HOT HOT HOT stuff.. bring it on!
the main thing that attracts people to their food is the manner in which they present their food. followed by the spices that they use.What's in Mexican culture that would make you prefer Mexican food over other types ?
i guess it is the different spices and herbs.eat it at a leisurely pace,because it must be served warm.a lot of dished require hours to be prepared.for fast food:tacos and quesadilla with fresh salsa of course.

but i love other ethnic foods too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and love American things too, a whole lot!!!!!
Nothing beats a good homemade tamale, be it chicken or pork. I don't care where or when as long as the place is clean. Now you made me hungry.

I forgot to mention, I am culture blind too. I treat people the way I want to be treated and expect the same.
I like the cheesy, spicy goodness. It's just freaking good. And I love beans!
I can't speak for everyone, but culture has nothing to do with my fondness for Mexican food. It's the ingredients and the preparation that do it for me.
My love for any ethnic cuisine has nothing to do with the culture, it has to do with the flavor. I like the flavors of good mexican food. I'll eat it in an authentic little hole in the wall, or leisurely at a high end restaurant.
First off - I'd like to thank the inventor of the tortilla, refried beans and the jalapeno salsa for bringing so much enjoyment to my face/stomach and endorphines. That being said i am an avid consumer of anything involving mexican cuisine or culture. I am an avid shopper at my local carneceria, attempting my feable knowledge of spanish and polishing my status as a polite, local and big-time gringo... but none the less, involved. So my answer to your wonderful question is....I truely believe that between the simplicity, portability and over-all options - mexican food is one of my first options when i am hungry because i can be satisfied no matter my craving. Spicy, sweet, healthy, fried, vegetarian and if i am feeling bold, i can even tap into the "fear factor" in me with dishes including raw octopus or fish heads. I prefer to eat my mexican food in a relaxed environment with no hold barred influence around me. I dont like the american version/themed restaurants, i actually prefer the ones i have to repeat my questions several times with hand gestures and spanglish to finally get my point across, i like the accordian, i'm okay with room temperature beer and even the akward stares from the "insiders". I enjoy surrounding myself in a culture that has helped build what i know of an the United States. we lack the culture and roots these people offer us. Although my Colorado version migh be a watered down version of the latino variety, i still feel priviledged that I am allowed the opportunity to wrap myself with a culture that i wish was imprinted in my DNA. Its not just the food - its a way of life. We as american could learn a thing or two form our friends down south.
I love foods that are full of intense flavor! Cilantro is my favorite herb and is in just about every condiment such as guacamole, salsa, and tomatillo salsa! All the different chillis that are used is always delicious!
i love spicy stuff that makes my eyes water, i have no idea why though, its just good.
The majority of Americans who love Mexican food know absolutely nothing about Mexican culture or Mexico at all, except for the run-of-the-mill stereotyped jargon you get from Hollywood and disinformed marketing yakkety yak.



What many Americans perceive as Mexican is not Mexican at all, but an Americanized version of dishes that are modified to suit American tastes.



Real Mexican fare uses fresh instead of frozen, canned or precooked ingredients. Meals are a time for families to bond together, have a good time and just enjoy. Our meals here are vastly different from the quickie sandwich lunches favored by Americans. Our cultures are different, Mexican cuisine is a melange of Prehispanic, Spanish and French cooking which makes it unique and very delicious.



I wish more people would actually enjoy real Mexican cuisine and broaden their knowledge of it instead of settling for aberrations like Taco Bell.
I like Mexican food. I'll have it 2-3x a week.

I don't go for the culture, I like the simple ingredients, but if culture does play a part, I would say that a lot of restaurants will still use mortar and pestle to prepare the meals. this makes a big difference in flavor compared to a food processor.

So the answer is the traditional way of prepping food.

No comments:

Post a Comment