Friday, February 3, 2012

Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?

I used to be a staunch advocate of authentic Mexican foods, but i have recently gained taste for the food from chains such as Taco Bell and Del Taco. Don't get me wrong though, authentic Mexican still takes center stage for me. I only started eating at Taco Bell when I got tired of eating burgers and there was no Mexican taco place close to my college campus.Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?
I like the authentic stuff. We get a lot of that 'round these parts because I'm in Dallas and there are Mexican food places everywhere. Taco Bueno is pretty good, though.Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?
Ack, Taco Bell is disgusting. When you are used to eating real mexican food, nothing else stands up.
Nothing beats authentic Mexican food and anybody who thinks Taco Bell and Del Taco rule - has probably never had real authentic Mexican food served by someone with that ethnic heritage background and the right recipes! I think you'd have to have messed up taste buds not to realize how much better the REAL thing is!!! Unfortunately, I don't live near my Mexican friends anymore - and Del Taco does beat Taco Bell - but I do run for the border now and then - Taco Bell had this amazing grilled chicken Ceasar wrap that was soooooooo incredibly good - but I wouldn't even call that Mexican at all. But it was good - too bad they only served it for a limited time.Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?
taco bell is best
taco bell and del taco are not mexican food joints. "at best", they're texmex



but i do like taco bell...haha i just ate three crunchy tacos =)



btw, i live in "mexifornia"...so i can have authentic mexican food in mexico if i want--and i still like taco bell...btw again, i love porto nuevo (in mexico) for seafood. yum.Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?
Well, I live in a place with family owned REAL Mexican food restaurants and I honestly don't know what I would eat without them. We don't have a taco bell nearby but when I'm out of town I don't mind eating some fake Mexican food. You almost can't compare them because of the difference. Nothing beats a real burrito though.
I pretty much just like food.
i also like taco bell but do not make a habit out of it as taco bell food--just like mc donald's food--could be loaded with all the unnecessary trans fat that could take a toll on your health. really got no time to go for authentic because of an exam? go for taco bell with a friend. their servings are enough for two so you could split up the fat. exams are over and schedules are kinda loose? treat yourself (and a date maybe) to authentic mexican--the most delicious healthfood that you can find. ^_^
you cant beat real mexican food





taco bell uses dog meats
I've reviewed the answers and no one it seems has actually been to Mexico. I, however, have and can tell you that I LOVE taco bell. Even though it is a knock off it's not half as greasy as food in Mexico. When I was in Mexico I got sick several times off of the grease in the food. A lot of the reason Americans love anything made here better is due to the ingredients we have. Try soda from Iran, or M%26amp;M's from China, the sugars are different because the food is processed differently. (that stuff is nasty too lol)



That's just my opinion!
I prefer authentic Mexican food, however there are some decent chains out there!! I would not recommend Taco Hell! Some good ones I've been to are Taco Bueno, and Casa Ole! I guess Del Taco's not too bad. I live in Houston, TX though, not sure where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment