Friday, February 3, 2012

Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?

I used to be a staunch advocate of authentic Mexican foods, but i have recently gained taste for the food from chains such as Taco Bell and Del Taco. Don't get me wrong though, authentic Mexican still takes center stage for me. I only started eating at Taco Bell when I got tired of eating burgers and there was no Mexican taco place close to my college campus.Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?
Toxic Bell....ugh!Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?
Daaaaaaaaaaaa, commercial Mexican food is good only if judged by itself,it really isn't fair to compare it to the real stuff,besides real Mexican food isn't as fancy as American restrauant food.It is more like peasant comfort food,simple,cheap.The best meal I had was in Mexico,Puerto Nueve,between Rosarito and Ensenada,freshly cooked beans with home made flour tortillas,forget about the lobster,they don't prepare it like we do.So there you have it, Gloria's Mexican Food 101.......................Gloria Taffolla

Anaheim,Ca
I love Moes, and South.. something. Its commercialized, but not SUPER-MUCH-SO.Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?
I think I prefer Americanized Mexican food, but not so much chain places like Taco Bell (although Rubio's is very good though). I used to live in San Diego and there's a lot of like independent good taco places and I think they're are like Americanized versions and have very Delicious tacos. I'm not really sure but I think that authentic Mexican tacos are usually on small tortillas, not fried and usually have cilantro on them. (I hate Cilantro) Also I think most tacos are made with slices of Carne Asada instead of shredded pork which isn't as good. Also the taco shops in San Diego also sell awesome rolled tacos, which I don't think is common in Mexico.
Real authentic mexican food is always the way to go. I like a good real mexican taco shop. Its fast food but it tastes like its homemade, in mexico.Do you prefer authentic Mexican food, or commercially available Americanized knockoffs that make "tacos"?
authentic it tastes totaly differant

Im not saying the other stuffs

not ok I just put them in differant

catagories all fast food is differant

rather its mexican,chinese,american etc.
I don't think there's any authentic MExican food in the USA. Its to expensive to make it.



Real MExican food has a lot of avocados, which are very expensive in the USA. People would rarely use as much avocados on their food as we do in MExico becuase of the price. MExican cheese is totally unavialable in the USA.



People here in Mexico use cheese from local delis made from real milk, which is not processed as much as most American cheeses. There's no big Mexican brand that people just buy at supermarkets to make quesadillas.



We use a lot of tomato because tomatoes are really cheap. Americans would feel silly using that much tomato.



There's a big Mexican giant called Maseca, more than 90% of the tortillerias (tortilla stores) use that brand. Americans don't have tortillerias in every corner like we do in Mexico. Us mexicans are not used to tortillas from package. We buy them made that very same day we eat them.



So, even if the reastaurant is owned by a Mexican family. I have not yet found a restaurant with REAL Mexican, not even just accross the border.
The real stuff is MUCH better. Even Tex-Mex is better than Taco Hole.
I would venture to say you have never been to Mexico. All authentic Mexican food in the USA is nothing like it is in the country of Mexico. It is very similar to Asian food in Asia. It consists of dog, cat, and other animals not on the menu in the USA. By far the most repulsive Mexican food is flies that are dehydrated and ground into a fine powder similar to flour and used in the same manner. Although apparently it is very nutritious.
Authentic is better, but for college/high school kids, you have to gain a taste for the bell.



Oh well...
I like something mid-way something like Chevy's or El Torito.
I am American, my present hubby is Mexican. I prefer Americanized Mexican but I was not raised with all the spices in their food.
oh god no, I hate Taco Bell. So many Taco Bells have been closed down here where I live(south texas next to the border) because it's just crap compared to real mexican food. I wouldn't eat Taco Bell with the same mouth I use to kiss my mexican mother, it's just disrespectful.
  • things to do in dc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment