Thursday, February 16, 2012

What is the general term used in mexican food when you add chili powder, lime or lemon juice, and salt?

when added to things like watermelon, cucumber, mango, and jicama?What is the general term used in mexican food when you add chili powder, lime or lemon juice, and salt?
I think sabor is flavor. I am not sure, try this link:



http://www.recipehound.com/Recipes/sp_te鈥?/a>What is the general term used in mexican food when you add chili powder, lime or lemon juice, and salt?
No...no special name, LOL..



BUT, I can testify that mexicans use this on everything. haha.



In fact, today, my husband was eating a coffee cake this morning that I had made, and he said:

"You know what would be really great with this?"

(he was going to say chocolate chips), but,



I immediately answered with: "Salt, chile and lime?"



He is from Jalisco, Mexico, and can eat the most disgusting things, and says..."Well, it's great with salt and chile and lime". (sigh).



I absolutely love it on cucumber....I crave it, especially when pregnant! We use Tapatio hot sauce for the chile.



You can also get a dry lime and chile powder called TAJIN, that comes in little plastic bottles in the produce section. My hubby loves it...I don't.What is the general term used in mexican food when you add chili powder, lime or lemon juice, and salt?
flavor? lol i dunoWhat is the general term used in mexican food when you add chili powder, lime or lemon juice, and salt?
I am sorry but all of those answers are wrong the correct answer is PICO DE GALLO CON LIMON it comes in a bottle all together in the spanish section of your local supermarket. It will be in a bottle about like the bottles you buy seasoning salt in. I assure you this is it. Find some and enjoy it is very good. Have fun and good luck.
chile y limon en polvo.



Since there is not a single term and you do not provide a context it is hard, but the above phrase is powdered chile and lemon.



Chili is not a Mexican term, it is an American one for a spice used in Southwestern cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment