Monday, February 13, 2012

I need to bring a wine to a lunch/dinner party they are serving Mexican food... what goes with Mesican food?

other than mexican beer?? I was planning on stopping at CostPlus world Market (its the only store on my way to the party to get the wine!!) Please give ideas on a good wine...I need to bring a wine to a lunch/dinner party they are serving Mexican food... what goes with Mesican food?
If it's spicy, I'd recommend Albarino - A Northern Spanish white wine. Or if you like red, - Pinot Noir or Spanish Riojas.



Italian and Spanish wines complement the complexities of Mexican food well. Just avoid Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot.



That Sangria idea is also a very good one.I need to bring a wine to a lunch/dinner party they are serving Mexican food... what goes with Mesican food?
how about Sangria? Red wine with fruits added, served over ice. World market has a great selection of sangria wines, serve in a decorative pitcher,
Shiraz pairs well with spicy/hearty foods like Mexican. Nothing white as the food will seriously overpower it.I need to bring a wine to a lunch/dinner party they are serving Mexican food... what goes with Mesican food?
try sangria they have it at walmart without alcahol and at the liqueor store with alcahol. they have diferent kinds made in different countries. they have some that are made here to. personally me and my husband liked the one from spain i believe.
Estancia Merlot from california would go great.Any hearty merlot if this is not availableI need to bring a wine to a lunch/dinner party they are serving Mexican food... what goes with Mesican food?
Sweeter wines pair with spicy foods. My bet is on a reisling. Biltmore Estates has a good one.
sangria is an excellent choice especially made from scratch.



For just wine try a spicy one like zinfandel or shiraz/shirah
I would suggest Sidrai El Mundet, which is a fermented apple cider. This is enjoyed by many in the hispanic community and is from Spain. It is considered a sparkling wine. It taste excellent and is delicious with any entree meal except dessert. If you are not mexican they will be surprise at the thoughtfulness. It cost about $6 to 7 dollars a bottle. As any moderate dinner wine in the U.S would cost.
I would suggest a red zinfandel. Many are not expensive, and I guarantee at least one person will say to you, "I didn't even know they MADE red zinfandel!"



My favorite brand name is Cellar #8 but any red zinfandel will be a novelty wine for your party and go well with the Mexican food.



Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Authentic Spanish Sangria

INGREDIENTS

1 lemon

1 lime

1 orange

1 1/2 cups rum

1/2 cup white sugar

1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine

1 cup orange juice





DIRECTIONS

Have the fruit, rum, wine, and orange juice well chilled. Slice the lemon, lime and orange into thin rounds and place in a large glass pitcher. Pour in the rum and sugar. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to develop the flavors.

When ready to serve, crush the fruit lightly with a wooden spoon and stir in the wine and orange juice. Adjust sweetness to taste.
'Mexican beer' doesn't go particularly well with Mexican food at all. If you want something that pairs well with spicy food I'd suggest a hoppy beer like an IPA.



My experience with wine is limited but I have yet to find a wine that I thought went particularly well with Mexican/spicy food, at least when compared to beer.
Id go with Margaritas.....pick up some tequila, salt and margarita mix on your way to the party



Cant go wrong with Margaritas.....especially on Cinco De Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment